Jerry Clark Memorial Scholarship — 2013
We are pleased to announce the 2013 Jerry Clark Memorial Scholarship program for the children of AFSCME members. This scholarship was established in 1990 in honor of Jerry Clark, who was deeply committed to progressive social and economic ideals and who served for many years as AFSCME's Political Action Director.
Applications must be postmarked no later than April 30, 2013.
The scholarship will be awarded to two students who are currently sophomores majoring in the social sciences. The winners will each receive $5,000 a year for their junior and senior years of study, as well as an opportunity to intern with the International Union's Political Action Department.
A selection committee at the International Union will choose winners based on these criteria:
- The student must be a child or financially dependent grandchild of an AFSCME member
- The student must have a grade point average of 2.5 or better
- The student must be in his or her sophomore year of study
- The student must be a social science major (that is, political science, sociology, ethnic studies, communications, and so on) at an accredited college or university
- The student must demonstrate a commitment to social justice and political activism.
Click here to download a copy of the application. For additional copies, please mail your request to:
Jerry Clark Memorial Scholarship
c/o AFSCME Education Department
1625 L Street NW, Washington D.C. 20036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org